To commit to high standards
- We adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- We monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
We are clear, honest and open
- We tell the truth and we will not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
- We are clear about who we are and what we do.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We are able to explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause if challenged.
- We ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- We provide clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We are respectful
- We respect your rights and privacy. Your data is safe with us. We take our obligations very seriously and we will never sell your data to third party organisations.
- We do not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances. Read our Vulnerable Supporter Policy for more information.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We are fair and reasonable
- We treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We are accountable and responsible
- We will do all we can to ensure that our fundraisers, volunteers and third party agencies working with us comply with all fundraising regulations and this promise.
- Where we work with third party agencies we will provide training and monitor their work. We will act quickly if they do not meet the high standards we set.
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us and our Supporter Services team is on hand to help answer any queries you may have.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done you can contact to make us aware of a concern or a complaint using our complaints policy. If we make a mistake we will apologise and do everything to put things right.
- We monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data on request.
If you have any questions please contact our team via email@example.com or call 020 7730 8830 and they will be happy to help.